Ep 61 10/11
Its baseball season. This week’s lesson: You can’t use the metaphor “chink in the armor” when describing the poor performance of an asian pitcher. That pitcher was Japanese. The only reason I’m mad is that people don’t understand racial slurs.
- Bethel practices grave sucking.
- Russ Taff biopic
- 123 children were found in one day during a Michigan sex trafficking operation <and only 3 tied to sex trafficking according to the article.
- Kavanaugh confirmed with 50 yes and 48 no. On the other hand Ford does not want to pursue any further allegations….surprising no one.
- Three scholars wrote a handful of satirical papers to prove how broken the peer review system is and just how stupid certain topics of study are. This is across the board but within the what we would consider more social justice angled fields. The goal is this: “Liberal science needs to have a respect for truth and a solid epistemology based on evidence. It’s not doing social justice causes any favor to be shoddy and inconsistent. Our main objective isn’t to forward a political agenda. It’s to make scholarship more rigorous. We accept that sometimes that may produce results which we’d rather wish to not be true.”
- Tim chandler died. Tim Chandler (February 3, 1960–October 8, 2018) was a bass guitar player, best known for his work with the rock bands Daniel Amos, The Swirling Eddies (credited as Berger Roy Al) and The Choir.
- I’m going to Finland. Bye. (but not really cause freedom of speech and guns are better over here.
- TSwizzle breaks her political silence and voter registration spikes.
- Kenya West met with Donald Trump to talk about the music industry. They signed in new legislation that will deal with pushing forward copyright in the music industry as well and hopefully helping artists make more money on the things they produce.
- He also chatted with reporters in the Oval Office with Trump about…many different ideas. It feels like political posturing, but he’s not really wrong in many of his ideas.