Hosted by Ashley, Britton, and Nick.
Recorded on 3/8/2018
- It’s woman’s day! So for the first time in CVC history, Britton does not open the show.
- Its a slow news week. Either that or we just stopped caring.
- We may have caused the destruction of Third Day
- Bill Graham: The prophets strike!
Can Matthew 20 tell us anything about unions? Or am I just a republican instigator. This coming on the news of multiple strikes going on now.
Matthew chapter 20 when Jesus tells the story of the workers in his vineyard being paid the same no matter what time they started. Is this Jesus’s response to communism? –
“But he answered one of them, ‘I am not being unfair to you, friend. Didn’t you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the one who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don’t I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?’ “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.””
Matthew 20:13-16 NIV
Hey look no one got kill or maimed at the protests… and there were no weird body part hats. Although there were some weird signs……
Wanna watch porn in Rhode Island? Pay them $20.00
Facebook asked users if it was ok for Men to receive sexual photos of children. This brings up a topic of a terrible trend in Silicon Valley where the three big “town square” websites of Google, Twitter, and Facebook have all had pedophilia scandals. Google had its Elsagate scandal with YouTube kids, Twitter has/had accounts on it that openly advocate for child porn (some of which I’ve had to flag in the past), and now this crap. “There are a wide range of topics and behaviors that appear on Facebook,” one question began. “In thinking about an ideal world where you could set Facebook’s policies, how would you handle the following: a private message in which an adult man asks a 14-year-old girl for sexual pictures.”
A teacher is getting fired for hosting a white supremacist podcast
New Music for this week:
- Casting Crowns Glorious Day – Hymns of Faith [Reunion]
- FF5 El Compadre EP [Word]
- I Am They Trial & Triumph [Essential / Provident]
- MercyMe I Can Only Imagine – The Best of MercyMe [Fair Trade]
- River Valley Worship Million Lifetimes [BEC Worship]